Last updated on 2023-05-03 | Edit this page
All Data Carpentry instructional material is made available under the Creative Commons Attribution license. You are free:
- to Share-–to copy, distribute and transmit the work
- to Remix-–to adapt the work
Under the following conditions:
- Attribution-–You must attribute the work using “Copyright (c) Data Carpentry” (but not in any way that suggests that we endorse you or your use of the work). Where practical, you must also include a hyperlink to https://datacarpentry.org.
With the understanding that:
- Waiver-–Any of the above conditions can be waived if you get permission from the copyright holder.
Other Rights-–In no way are any of the following
rights affected by the license:
- Your fair dealing or fair use rights;
- The author’s moral rights;
- Rights other persons may have either in the work itself or in how the work is used, such as publicity or privacy rights. *
- Notice-–For any reuse or distribution, you must make clear to others the license terms of this work. The best way to do this is with a link to https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/.
For the full legal text of this license, please see https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/legalcode.
Except where otherwise noted, the example programs and other software provided by Data Carpentry are made available under the OSI-approved MIT license.
Permission is hereby granted, free of charge, to any person obtaining a copy of this software and associated documentation files (the “Software”), to deal in the Software without restriction, including without limitation the rights to use, copy, modify, merge, publish, distribute, sublicense, and/or sell copies of the Software, and to permit persons to whom the Software is furnished to do so, subject to the following conditions:
The above copyright notice and this permission notice shall be included in all copies or substantial portions of the Software.
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.